Each step taken in this mountain transports you back to ancient times, when the area’s inhabitants excavated hiking routes which joined their settlements.
This marvellous land which is well preserved conjures up images of battles fought for castles through the valley.
Its fountains and water reserves still feed life in Al-Azraq, the last Moor vizier in Valencia against the Christian King Jaume I in the 13th century.
As you walk you will discover the fertile valley, it’s exceptional atmosphere including unique endemic botanical species. What’s more, it offers Neolithic cave paintings declared a UNESCO site in 1988.
In the present day cherry farming is the base of the area’s economy and in spring the breathtakingly beautiful blossom covers the Valley in a white blanket.
However, it’s possible to enjoy this Valley all year round through its paths admiring the remains of the Gallinera castle, which still stands the test of time 800 years on.
There is no better way to end the morning than speaking about what you have seen and experienced in these wonderful surroundings while tasting the excellent cuisine. We have selected a restaurant which upholds not only artisan traditions but also the quality of produce found in this unique valley.
To end the trip journey excursion you might wish to extend your day by booking a visit to a Cherry Co-operative. This is available at a small extra charge. Here we will sample their produce, discovering its social and economic important.
A fertile and welcoming valley. Discover it with Oxytours.
- 08:30-09:30 Pick up from your accommodation \*.
- 10:00 Start guided hike by our Tour leader.
- 11:30 Break for snack.
- 14:00 Lunch at our selected restaurant.
- 18:00 Transfer to accommodation of client and end of the journey.
- \* Exact time to be determined depending of your location.
Prices by number of people
- 100 € by person. (VAT incl.)(4 to 8 people groups). Check price for a different number of participants.
- Transfers from your accommodation \* to the area to visit.
- Full guide service throughout.
- 5 course traditional lunch (set menu).
- Personal insurance.
Price not includes
- Visit to the cherry Co-operative (Additional extra. Booking as an option)