Among the great mountains of the Costa Blanca lies a small jewel known as Xorta mountain. Due to its 1.220 metres in height and imposing profile this is often overshadowed by Serrella, Aitana or Bernia mountains.
That is perhaps why its richness is only sampled by these lucky enough to pass through its trails. The arch itself is hidden but soon appears to surprised hikers. Some 20 meters in height with two openings separated by a narrow column which looks as if it is about to fall into the Foies ravine. This is without doubt a natural wonder of great geological and botanical importance.
Let Oxytours take you along almond and olive groves, at the feet of the enormous vertical walls of Xorta. We then ascend to the top (according to the fitness level) giving us exceptional views of Mediterranean sea, Guadalest valley and neighbouring Aitana mountain. Countryside of great beauty immortalised by the exceptional Works of the painter Emilio Varela, one of the most important Alicante artists of the XXth century.
At the end of the hike extraordinary cuisine awaits you. As we visit a restaurant hand selected by Oxytours. Here you will sample traditional flavours which have evolved with time thanks to traditions and new trends preserving the quality of products of this area.
After lunch you might wish to extend your day by booking a visit to an artisan workshop to learn are prepared its famous handmade meat product named Sobrasada.
- 08:30-09:30 Pick up from your accommodation *.
- 10:00 Start guided hike by our Tour leader.
- 11:30 Break for snack.
- 14:00 Lunch at our selected restaurant.
- 18:00 Transfer to accommodation of client and end of the journey.
- * Exact time to be determined depending of your location.
Prices by number of people
- 100 € by person. (VAT incl.)(4 to 8 people groups). Check price for a different number of participants.
- Transfers from your accommodation * to the area to visit.
- Full guide service throughout.
- 5 course traditional lunch (set menu).
- Mid morning snack.
- Personal insurance.
Price not includes
- Artisan workshop handmade meat (Additional extra. Booking optional)